Friday, June 24, 2011

Cooking Class

So Jess and I went to a cooking classes that was given to us by my mom. It was a stellar wedding present. Jess and I talked about it the whole way home and we can't wait to try the recipes with a little twist of our style. Both of our favorites were a pan seared New York strip with a red wine reduction and pancetta sauce. But the tiramisu, scallops, and squid ink noodles were a big hit...sorta. We weren''t a fan of the shallot sauce for the scallops. (it needed more body) I wish we took a camera but hey we can't document everything. But for fun check this out.


http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=grz&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1280&bih=621&q=squid+ink+noodles&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi




-Ryan

4 comments:

  1. Cool! Last time I went it was for a chocolate class, yummy!! What do squid ink noodles taste like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squid Ink actually does not give any flavor. I is like food coloring for pastas. It turns it black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had such a good time. I'm not so sure I'd like eating black noodles even if they taste ok. Seems weird to add them if they don't taste like anything. Same reason we color frosting I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. .....picture this though squid ink noodles in a chunky tomato bisque like sauce with mussels all around. and a fat lobster tail on top......now black noodles sound like a complimenting color.

    ReplyDelete