Thursday, June 30, 2011

Silent in Starbucks

Tonight is my first time writing in this blog. It's also the first time I've been at this Starbucks where everything seems totally dead. Well, that might be a bit of an exaggeration... when I used to come at 6 am to do homework it was pretty calm. Or maybe I've just always been so engrossed in my computer screen that I've never paid much attention to the traffic flow. Not that any of this matters - I would wager that none but Howard Schultz care much about my recent Starbucks observations. I guess people just don't want large amounts of delicious caffeine this late at night. I do though. But then again, I didn't wear jeans in high school.

I'm not really sure what to write about. Ryan gave me tons of awesome advice before I started:
"Write to one specific person, even though everyone will read it"
"Write about your day - or anything interesting"
"Look at my blogs"
"Give shout outs to people who are close, or even people you barely know"
If it was a research paper I would already have a great intro paragraph done. Unless it was due in a couple weeks. In that case, I would still be on facebook.

I guess I can tell you what I'm doing tomorrow. I'm waking up at 5, hitting the snooze a couple times, scrambling to get dressed so I can hit the road by 5:45, heading to Dallas to start housecleaning by 6:30, working for 5 hours and then going nanny for the afternoon. After that fun I'm getting to meet up with the love of my life and we're going to try the yummy and oh-so-healthy double-double at Dallas' new In-N-Out burger. It's a great way to end my first day being a vegetarian. I'm not too good at diets...

Saturday is really going to be great though. After seeing my Bible Study girls and rescuing my man from the grip of death (aka work), I get to go home and see my mom and sister who will be here visiting from Albuquerque. That night, Missie and Nick are coming all the way from California. It's Nick's birthday on Saturday... happy early birthday fab friend!!! This weekend will be great- I love hanging out with my husband and family. I wish my dad could come, but hopefully I'll get to see him soon.

Wow- for nothing to write about this is kind of turning into a long blog. Hahaha. Poor Ryan... this is what I do to him everyday (unfortunately, in his case, I occasionally have things to talk about). Interesting update: Starbucks just closed. So I moved outside to wait for Ryan and Mr. Farmer came by. He gave me three peaches. I really like peaches because I can cut them up, put them in a bowl of milk and sprinkle sugar on them for breakfast. Any breakfast one can sprinkle sugar on is a breakfast worth having. But, again, I'm not too good at diets...

- Jess

4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love your first blog entry. I think I'm going to love it when you have nothing to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want an In-N-Out Burger in Albuquerque... not fair! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess : ). I once went into a Starbucks where the power had gone out. It was eerily quiet. You don't realize what music and a busy espresso machine do for the atmosphere of that place. The free drinks were nice though. Have fun with the fam!! XO -amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this...and I love you. I don't know if I've told you lately just how amazing you are!!!

    ReplyDelete