Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bye Bye Pyrex

So I think this will be a quick blog. Mainly because it is just a picture. I am still being lazy with editing videos. Anyway the reason we are here. Destruction, carnage, and glass all over our kitchen. In the words of Tucker Max, "I used to think Red Bull was the most destructive invention of man kind...". Well I am here to tell you Tucker Max is wrong, electric stove coils are. I used to think Pyrex pans were indestructible; they're not. I was boiling water today to make some pasta for my left over Alfredo sauce and I was browning some vegan sausage to make a nice pair. As I put the water to boil I adjusted the Pyrex pan side ways to make room to set the pot on the stove. I mistakenly turned on the back burner (where the Pyrex was sitting) instead of the front. I know Pyrex can go through a lot. But electric stove coils is not one of them, Learn from my hour long clean up duty...DONT PUT PYREX ON THE STOVE!!!!!

Did I mention the brownies you can see in the remains of the glass that were in the pan caught on fire.

Hope you had a good laugh and my misfortune.

-Ryan

1 comment:

  1. Yuck!! At least it was a mistake. I remember years ago when Dad tried to surprise me by making dinner. Let's just say we had broken glass (not Pyrex) in the oven.

    ReplyDelete