Friday, July 8, 2011

Current Influences

So lately Jess and I have been saturated in some interesting influences. Movies, Music, and literature. I have to say I do have an addictive personality. It's who I am, it's in my blood, I get stuck on repeat, or what ever you want to call it, when I get a new singer, movie, or book in my hands Jess usually gets stuck with it for at least the next week. A couple of summers ago it was this song by Incubus "Are You In?", This summer it was been non stop John Mayer. I have to say he is an exceptional guitar player. I now have a new appreciation for blues guitar and acoustic rock. Although I must give some credit to Death Cab for Cutie. Their song, "You're a Tourist" is inspiring. But I don't want to bore you with me going on and on about some dude that gets paid too much to treat Jessica Simpson like crap. Why? Because I will let you see for yourself, John Mayer Playing "Gravity" Live.

Now that John is off my chest...lets move on into movies. I wish I could spout off about how I have practically lived and the cinema this last summer, but, I can't. In fact I can't really recall the last time I have been. But this last weekend I watched one of my favorite movies. I am obsessed with it. It has Johnny Depp in it, and it's not pirates, or any other real "new" movie really. The movie is called "Blow". I will pause here and allow everyone to raise their eyebrows and second guess what I am really watching. Ok. Blow is a movie based on a true story about a guy named George Jung. Here is his link...Info on the Film. It doesn't matter if I watched it Monday I can watch it Tuesday. It is the perfect film for anyone that likes drug movies, action movies, drama movies, mafia movies, and more.

Lastly and probably most time consuming for me is literature. I am lost in the book that everyone raved about and I caught on the band wagon post fame. Decision Points by George W. Bush is incredible. And very eye opening. I recommend it to anyone even you Alabama Grizzly Adams (my old roommate that hates politics). In fact I looked up the presidents current mailing address, and I intend on writing him a letter as soon as I am done with the book. Pick up the book and tell me what you think. Decision Points



-Ryan

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was just a "dad" book but maybe I'll think about reading it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh loved that book and I have it on my to read list. John Mayer may be able to sing but he's an effing pig for the way he treats women!! I tend to boycott losers :) Hope you are well!! -Am

    ReplyDelete